Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Week #13: Let There Be MTB

There's really not a lot to say about Week# 13, except that it finally offered that elusive window of mountain biking that comes every March. And as it happens every March when the window appears, all training plans go out the window in the name getting a little slice of dirt. I was able to get in MTB rides both days this weekend, at French Lick on Saturday and at BCSP on Sunday.

Since the point of these weekly check-ins to keep myself on track with the plan, I'll confess that I've been a little off-track since the Death March. My weight training schedule got off a bit when I took days off for the Death March and Barry-Roubaix, and I feel like I haven't had a proper weekly ass-kicking in a couple of weeks. My next big event is the Big Frog 65, but I don't have the motivation of a potential podium finish that drove me in the weeks leading to the Death March. I guess the next thing that I am really excited about is the Tri-State 6 Hour Series, but that doesn't start until June 22, and the order for my Karate Monkey keeps being a delayed by a few more days. So right now, I'm just going through the motions, but maybe that's okay for a bit.

French Lick

This is Jack, who we found near the end of the ride. Turns out he belonged to
another rider that we know and they were reunited shortly thereafter.

No comments: