Monday, January 7, 2013

Week #1

Okay, week 1 of 10 in my 2013 pre-season training is complete, and I'm not *quite* so restless as I was last week.  There's not a lot to say so far, except that all rides and weight sessions have been completed as planned, and I guess I just wanted to document that for self-congratulatory purposes. So please forgive me one boring, picture-less post meant for my own motivation.

I guess the highlight of the week was that I did travel to Indianapolis on Sunday for the first-ever Speedway Wheel(wo)men team ride.  Regardless of the time of year, it's pretty hard to find a weekend when none of us are racing, so we pretty much had to go on a frigid January day almost immediately after New Year's.  Janelle, Sarah, Kristen, Kristine, and I braved the cold, wind, and a few ice patches for a couple of hours around the city, which was interesting compared to the hilly rural roads that I'm used to. However, it was a lot of fun, and it was good to get to spend some time with my teammates.  (This is where I should have gotten pictures, but lobster gloves and photography don't go well together.)

As far a my New Year's resolutions go, I guess I'm doing okay so far, as I got in the team ride yesterday, and today I'm having lunch with an old co-worker that I haven't hung out with in a couple of years.  I'm not doing so well on the cultivating interests outside of cycling part, but maybe that's a little much to expect in one week.  I went so far as to browse Meetup.com for ideas, but frankly, I'm not that interested becoming a web developer, libertarian (at least not a serious activist one), polyamorist, or pagan.  I'm going to have to keep working on that one.

Well, that's about it.  I guess I'm going have to get back on the Want It Wednesday train again to bulk up content until racing season starts again.  I have been kicking around the idea of racing the women's singlespeed division of the Tri-State 6 Hour Series for the last couple of weeks since I heard that there would be one offered.  Of course, doing so would require the purchase of a singlespeed bike, which is definitely Want It Wednesday fodder, but I'm not quite sure I'm ready to go there yet.

4 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

Your motivation can be our motivation too Lindsay...

-Trevor

Jez Andrews said...

Oh no......you've mentioned singlespeed. Youre not going to hear the end of it from me! Would make a fab WIW.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on with your training. Week 1 has just started for me :)

Lindsay Hall-Stec said...

Well, Jez, you'll be happy to know that Giant doesn't make a SS frame, so I'm going to have to be more creative this time.

Jez Andrews said...

You could just use a chain tensioner like I do? It isn't as neat but there is no adjustment needed for chain stretch and easier to get the wheel lined up. Liked to see what you choose :)