Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Beat Goes On

In deep concentration mid-race at the DINO Spring Tune-Up. I was hesitant at first, but really I friggin' love my 29er. Look at it. It looks way faster than I do.

So whatever was killing me last week finally let up. I still feel a little dry and itchy in the throat, but that could easily be the Singulair that I'm still afraid to stop talking, even though I think it gives me headaches. I rode easy over the weekend and plan to resume normal training with some Vo2 max intervals tonight.

One cool bit of news is that last night I recieved an email informing me that I had won a drawing for a free entry to the 2011 Ouachita Challenge, so I guess my race schedule is already shaping up through the next year. Not that I wasn't thinking that far ahead already, but a free entry sealed the deal. The only problem is that I want to race it again now and not have to wait another whole year. Normally, I would think about how much faster I will theoretically be in a year, but I think this season is much more about doing the best I can be now instead of focusing on how fast I might theoretically be in the future.

Photo via: http://www.williamlsnyder.com/blog/

1 comment:

Mary Sunshine said...

So happy to hear you are feeling better!! GREAT PHOTO! I think you look faster than the bike.