Thursday, November 6, 2008

Waiting For The Day To Be Over Randoms

Seeing as today is the last workday for me this week, I'm trying to get through the last few hours so that I can move on to all things Iceman.

First of all, I wanted to share this article, because I thought it was really cool. Unfortunately, they haven't developed any therapeutic uses for this discovery yet. Nevertheless, I think it can have repercussions about how we view what we eat. I've been slowly moving away from taking too much stock in theoretical calories in versus calories out counts, as the scale and the math never seem to sync. The old school explanation would be that I'm somehow "cheating" on my counts, which is quite possible. On the other hand, the more I learn about this stuff, the more I think that unless you're undergoing elaborate testing in a laboratory, you don't *really* know how many calories you are consuming and burning.

That's just a random thought. Take from it what you will.

No comments: